Financial Assistance

The Agape House can provide financial assistance to financially qualified individuals and families living in the Meramec Valley R3 school district or Franklin County. We provide assistance with utility bills, rent or unexpected emergencies.

We may be able to provide assistance with utility bills if you have received a disconnect notice, rent if you have received an eviction notice or unexpected emergencies on a case by case basis.

Those interested must meet Agape House financial guidelines to receive assistance. This typically requires an income that is 150% or less of the federal poverty level based on the number of individuals in the home.

Assistance grants may be received once per year per household.

Agape House Requirements

Submit a completed Agape House Financial Assistance Application with ALL supporting documents noted on our checklist.

Clients will need to provide a valid picture ID such as a Missouri driver’s license or non-driver’s identification card for all adults (18 or over, whether they are related to the client or not) living in the home. Adults 18 and over, who live in the household will need to show proof that they live at that address (a piece of mail with their name & address not more than 30 days old).

Court related documents, providing temporary or permanent custody must be presented if a child other than your own is living within your household.

For assistance in paying utility bills, a disconnect notice from the utility company is required. The utility account must be in the name of the client applying for assistance. The account may be in a spouse’s name as long as that spouse is living within the home. Processing of your application can take 3 to 5 business days. Please do not wait until the day before your disconnect to submit an application for assistance.

Copy of lease agreement with name, phone # and address of landlord for rent assistance.

Proof of one full month’s income on each adult member (18 or over) of the household is required. This must be for the month prior to applying for assistance. Income sources include: employment, Social Security benefits, SSI, unemployment benefits, child support, alimony, foster care and/or adoption subsidies or other income.

Proof of income can be documented by:

  1. One month’s paycheck stubs
  2. Documentation on company letterhead stating the number of hours worked per week and the amount paid per hour. This must also contain the name of the client and a phone number and contact person for the company
  3. The most recent SSI Social Security disability benefits statement and or social security death benefit statement from the Social Security administration;
  4. Documentation on child support must be provided by all single-parent households;
  5. If not employed and not disabled, you will need proof of visiting the Missouri Job Center in Washington, MO (636-583-9670) showing copies of names and contacts for job applications.

How to Apply

Applications for assistance are available through this website (click on "Forms", then on "Financial Assistance") or in person at the Agape House. Only fully completed applications including all supporting documents will be accepted.

The head of the household will need to schedule an interview after submitting the completed application to determine eligibility for assistance. Decisions are made on a case by case basis and availability of funds.

Change a life, donate today